OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR COMPETITORS
The One Team – One Fight Organization, a 501c3 not for Profit Corporation, will be hosting our 6th
ANNUAL FIRST RESPONDERS CRAWFISH BOIL COOK-OFF. This is a charitable event, with all
proceeds going to support the first responders of St. Charles Parish. Considering the many recent tragedies
involving law enforcement officers, firefighters, & EMS, along with the severe and disastrous weather in
the region lately, Hurricane Ida and COVID 19 pandemic, our first responders have TRULY been put to
the test. THANK YOU again for all that you do for this parish!
The purpose of this event is to raise funds to give back to those that give so much of themselves to us daily.
Most volunteer their own time, no questions asked, to provide the safety needed throughout the parish. We
will provide an entertaining event for all to enjoy and a good-natured competition for those in the
community who wish to prove they have the BEST BOILED CRAWFISH!!!
A fully completed entry form and fee must be submitted before May 15, 2022. This year’s fee is a flat entry
fee of $200. For this entry fee, the team will gain entry to the competition (4 team admission wristbands),
along with 2 sacks of crawfish. This entrance fee is NON-REFUNDABLE for those teams that are
accepted into the competition.
CHECKS ARE TO BE MADE PAYABLE TO
“One Team – One Fight Nonprofit Corp”
ENTRANCE FEES SHOULD BE MAILED TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS:
ONE TEAM-ONE FIGHT
PO BOX 71
NORCO, LA 70079
THE INFORMATION MAY BE E-MAILED TO:
IF YOU HAVE ANY ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS PLEASE CONTACT:
NATALIE ROBERT WRIGHT
VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT
· The first 50 teams will be guaranteed entry
· Boiling locations will be assigned to teams on a first come, first served basis
· Those teams that wish to be located next to each other should submit their entries together
and as soon as possible (please write in the comment section of entry form)
· Choice of location is subject to availability and no team can be guaranteed its
choice will be available, but we will try our best to meet every team’s needs
· Each team can have 4 team members, 21 years and older
· Each team will have an assigned captain and they are responsible for team members
· Each member of the team is encouraged (but not required) to wear identical caps, t-shirts,
or aprons to identify that each is a member of that team. BUSINESS SPONSORS ARE
· If someone is interested in sponsoring a team, please contract Greg Cosse @
BOOTH & SETUP:
· Officials encourage each team to display a reasonable sized banner or logo that identifies their
team and sponsors
· Teams should arrive between 7am-10am to set-up areas. You will be able to bring tents, supplies,
etc. that Friday afternoon
· WE WILL HAVE SOMEONE ON SITE THROUGH THE NIGHT
· The team serving areas must be staffed by team members or their associates beginning at
· Each team is responsible for providing their tent. If teams prefer to bring a bigger tent, there will be an additional charge
20 foot (frontal) = $100
· All team serving areas must have their first sack of boiled crawfish available to the public for
sampling by 11:00am the day of the contest
· Each team is responsible for its own equipment and utensils to boil and serve. Examples of
utensils and equipment include, but are not limited to boiling pots and something for burners
to go on, boiling baskets, ice chests, ice, burners, knives, chopping boards, tables, chairs,
garbage bags, pirogue or serving dish, GLOVES AND MASKS etc. All our pirogues sold in
2019, so we have none to provide…SORRY
· You must bring your own hose with a nozzle. We will have water header systems set up
along the fence line for easy access.
· Propane tanks or fuel tanks shall be in good working order and within code as per federal
and state standards and regulations.
· Each team is responsible for maintaining clean and safe boiling and serving areas. These
areas will be designated with a number for each team and must always be attached to the booths
· Each team is responsible for transporting its own equipment, supplies, tables, etc.
· Each team must have a PORTABLE FIRE EXTINGUISHER at its boiling site
· There will be NO PARKING in the park area. Parking for team members will be in the back-
parking lot area. Trailers will only be approved by One Team – One Fight Board to stage in the
park area. Please inquire, if needed, prior to the event.
· Each team is expected to boil a MINIMUM OF TWO SACKS of crawfish
· The two sacks WILL BE PROVIDED
· Teams will be encouraged to boil more than the minimum to ensure that an adequate
supply of crawfish is available for all paying guests. Additional sacks can be purchased at
· Some teams donated food in the past…THANK YOU!!! This year the ticket price includes
ALL YOU CAN EAT….Soooo we encourage teams to cook/donate whatever they would like
(BBQ, cracklin’, pastalaya, fried oreos, ice cream, etc), and can be served to the public from
SAFETY AND GENERAL RULES:
· No electrical power will be supplied
· No team will be allowed to have outside music in their booth. Measures have been
made to ensure all teams will hear the music provided by the organizers of the competition.
NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE
· Water and drains will be shared between teams, so cooperation and good sportsmanship
are expected and encouraged. Please dump all water along the back ditch or fence area
· NO GLASS BOTTLES are permitted at the park at any time. If are you caught with glass
bottles, you will be asked to leave the grounds.
· Teams will be allowed to bring in alcoholic beverages for consumption by their teams only
during prep time. Ice chests containing alcoholic beverages will only be allowed in the
restricted boiling areas.
· Once the event starts NO OUTSIDE DRINKS.
· Teams will be prohibited from distributing beer or other alcoholic beverages to the public.
THIS IS A FUNDRASIER so please do not distribute. There will be reasonable priced beer
and drinks available for purchase.
All crawfish and sides must be available for judging by the time provided by the organizers on
the evening of the competition
(PAPERS WILL BE HANDED OUT THE FRIDAY BEFORE THE EVENT)
EACH TEAM WILL BE JUDGED ON:
-Best Crawfish 1 ST – 3 RD
-Best Sides (Corn, Potatoes, Sausage) 1 ST – 3 RD
-Lagniappe Fixings (SIDES MUST BE MADE FROM YOUR BOIL) 1 st – 3 RD
THE PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARDS is for the best crawfish only
We will also have an award for the BEST DECORATED BOOTH!!! There were so many
great one’s last year…looking forward to seeing what this year brings. Judging from the
committee only. HAVE FUN AND BE CREATIVE!!!
EVENT IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
11:00 am – 5:00 pm
PUBLIC ENTRANCE $25 AT THE DOOR
$10 Kids 6-12
FREE for Kids under 6
$20 PRESALE (Adults)
$5 PRESALE (Kids)
ALL YOU CAN EAT – CRAWFISH AND FOOD
WE WILL HAVE HAMBURGERS AND HOTDOGS AVAILABLE
ALONG WITH LAGNIAPPE FIXINGS FROM ALL THE TEAMS
BEVERAGES AND ALCOHOL WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE
WE WILL HAVE PLENTY FUN ACTIVITIES FOR THE KIDS
(PETTING ZOO, FACE PAINTING, FIRE SAFETY TRAILER)
THIS IS GOING TO BE A WONDERFUL EVENT
LOOKING FORWARD TO WORKING
WITH EVERYONE AND
THANKS IN ADVANCE!